• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2022

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
As impressive as josh Collins is (& he is damn impressive) I doubt he is on the reds radar on account of the gluttony of talented outside backs at the reds.

Really wish there was a NRC happening this spring. It’s been a great pathway for some current players from QPR to super rugby.

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
As impressive as josh Collins is (& he is damn impressive) I doubt he is on the reds radar on account of the gluttony of talented outside backs at the reds.

Really wish there was a NRC happening this spring. It’s been a great pathway for some current players from QPR to super rugby.

That’s very true. I think the current Reds team is a prime example of the NRC serving its purpose when you look at the 2019 Brisbane City and Country teams.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Sorovi has actually been playing well in QPR and Thomas wasn’t overly impressive in his one outing for UQ this year , in fairness to him though it was a very scrappy game against Souths where UQ had their one below par performance so far this season.

Thomas should really be learning his trade in QPR, Super Rugby is too big a step up at the moment, think most people see his potential, but he is a season or two off being up for Super Rugby.

In terms of who else is QPR, the two leading candidates unfortunately are out injured at the moment in Ely Pilz from Easts and Liam Dillon from Bond. Both are significant injuries.

Mosiah Christian is killing it at the moment. Bigger body than most 9’s , has a good running game and is very solid defensively. He also plays for UQ though . What are the chances of having three 9’s signed to the Reds all from the one club?

Plus Scott Gale. Embarrassment of riches for the Heavies at half back this year. You would imagine at least 1 will push to another club next year. Young Christian has been very, very impressive. Heeno will be hesitant to shift him from starting 9.

IIRC Moses Sorovi was told to move on from UQ by Reds a couple of years ago dues to Gale and McDermott being there.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I was pleased with Hanson's start to the season but he's been a noticeable step down every time he's come on in the past few games. I think he's near past it.

I understand they are still having to manage him and his workload quite a bit after his terrible achillies injury in the UK.

Would be a great pick up for the Reds. Passionate QLDer with a wealth of experience to pass on. Still a few good years in him.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I understand they are still having to manage him and his workload quite a bit after his terrible achillies injury in the UK.

Would be a great pick up for the Reds. Passionate QLDer with a wealth of experience to pass on. Still a few good years in him.

Didn't know about the achilles. Makes more sense, very persistent too. You think you're out of the woods and then bam it's back.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Plus Scott Gale. Embarrassment of riches for the Heavies at half back this year. You would imagine at least 1 will push to another club next year. Young Christian has been very, very impressive. Heeno will be hesitant to shift him from starting 9.

IIRC Moses Sorovi was told to move on from UQ by Reds a couple of years ago dues to Gale and McDermott being there.
Throw in Finn Hearn who is playing mostly Colts, but scored twice in his run on First Grade debut against Brothers back in round 1 , then found himself back in Colts the following week to make way for Kalani against Souths.

Thomas and Hearn were the Reds Academy 9’s for the U18 matches played in 2019.

Thankfully Scotty Gale happy to fill in were required for UQ and also that he can play multiple positions.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Internet decorum is funny isn’t it, it’s ok to post anonymous comments criticising someone else but not ok to put a name against made those comments.

Whether another club player said thst means nothing, who’s to say ‘person x’ isn’t a wanka himself and opinion means little. The way some of you are talking about a 20 year old, and speculating on the way he was selected(politics, manager) and making unsubstantiated comments is pretty sad and unnecessary.
FFS. My name is Tim.
This is a forum; where information and opinions are exchanged. We share; we judge; we scrutinise; we praise and we hope that our team wins. Get off your fucking high horse and respect that your opinions are just like everyones. See ya.

Reg, can you get me off here. There’s no delete account function.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
FFS. My name is Tim.
This is a forum; where information and opinions are exchanged. We share; we judge; we scrutinise; we praise and we hope that our team wins. Get off your fucking high horse and respect that your opinions are just like everyones. See ya.

Hi Tim, my name is Dru.

Don't go, bro.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Tahs recruitment candidate maybe? And yes we are really suffering not having nrc as development pathway to give both fringe super rugby players game time that don’t get enough during super season to show what they can offer and best club rugby players to equally test and see if can make next step up.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
It’s probably best that the who said what and when comments about Kalani cease here. The kid was put into a playing environment that is beyond his skill set ATM. Being thrown into the deep and can go either way, and for the sake of his development and his future with the Reds let’s hope it’s on the upward.

Was he?

He is not my first preference but he does not seem to be too bad. He is a kid who makes mistakes, remember that many seemed to think that Petaia was the second coming of Jesus and this season he made plenty of mistakes where you could argue he was not up to the job.

I would Sorovi over him, but have to place some trust in our coaching and recruitment section, they obviously have seen something and have faith in him. I think Thorn seems to be the type of coach who may place attitude and effort to succeed above skillset when appropriate.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
FFS. My name is Tim.

If taking exception to spreading unsubstantiated rumours about a players character and unsavoury reasons for their selection is being on a high horse then I’m pretty comfortable to stay on it.

I respect your opinion that he isn’t/wasn’t up to standard and I agree with you, however I don’t respect comments from other members that his selection was due to his manager and politics, or unnecessary comments about his character.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
FFS. My name is Tim.

Nah don’t go you like rugby and add to the discussion. You are making your decision to leave because of one posters response to you. Just close down the conversation with the poster and move on.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)

I'd love to see Joshie get a go. He is electric and super exciting to watch. Still has a load of room to improve.

Did he play NRC a couple of years back?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Moving into 2022 assuming all players are 100% fit

1. Hoopert
2. Mafi
3. Tupou
4. Smith
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Scott-Young
7. Wright
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. JOC (James O'Connor)
11. Vunivalu
12. Paisami
13. Petaia
14. Dauguna
15. Campbell

16. Asiata ??
17. Zander
18. Nonggorr
19. Seru
20. McRreight
21. Sorovi
22. Stewart ??? If in form
23. Grealy ???? Ideally a wing option

Remaining squad:
Faessler
Fotuaika
Blythe
Wallis
Henry
Flook
Droasese

Development:
Lynagh
Annan

Need:
Flyhalf - depends on Lynagh
Halfback
Hooker
Lock

dru

Tim Horan (67)
At the moment I would have Henry ahead of Petaia in the centres. Think about Petaia at the back. I love Campbell, but as this team develops, like Stewart I expect them gradually fall out of the 15 then 23.

I'd have Fotuaika in the 23.

For whatever reason Thomas seems favoured over Sorovi.

It's sad to be losing BPA and another hooker in the squad would be great. Likewise a back up 10, being down JOC (James O'Connor) is a major blow to this team. This may see Stewart kept close?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I like Paisami at 12. The last 2 weeks Paisami has not been fed good ball from Hegarty/Stewart and Henry. Henry is caught out of position in the inside centre channel and moving him out one could well suit his style. Definitely not the flyhalf backup. When Petaia is in form he is the best option for 13. Stewart is better in defence, and needs work on attack. Our backs are lost without JOC (James O'Connor) and Paisami.

Not going to enter into the Thomas conversation again.