• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I feel it in my bones what with the business end of the season coming up, the Tahs will get it all together with all the injured players back and raring to go (touch wood) and we will see the true self of that team and really give the competition a shake...

I wouldn't mind if the Tahs have to play an extra round in the finals if it means it's the only way they can make the grand final...

What are the odds of a Reds v Tahs final?

Every man and his dog will want to be at Suncorp for that!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Looks like Palu and TPN are out again! You have to ask questions about the medical staff and coaches allowing them back early?

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
TPN is in need of a good rest. If he isn't fit come RWC it would be a big disappointment. Yes i know we have Moore as a great replacement but i just think TPN's power and aggressive is amazing.

Cyril Towers (30)
Looks like Palu and TPN are out again! You have to ask questions about the medical staff and coaches allowing them back early?

If TPN really is out then hooking stocks are very thin in Tahland. Fitzpatrick is out for another month which means Ulungia would start. That's a concern, particularly at lineout time. I have no idea who the bench hooker would be in that circumstance. Maybe Ben Roberts, who has had some time with the Junior tahs in the past, but not this year.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nick Seymour is the only other hooker listed on the Tahs website, but maybe Atonio Halangahu, who played Curry Cup last season is an option, Ben Roberts is in the Brumbies academy

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Waratahs are walking-wounded at the moment, use this opportunity to let them rest and get some new kids come through. On that note, any news about Horne's injury? The backline is such a loss without him.

Second, I think the Tahs need to get some of their young grade players more involved. Timmy Bennetts has been unlucky with injuries but is hitting some good form now, also at Woodies, although now injured, Cam 'the Moose' Mitchell. The Scots' boys: Ben Seymour, Peterson, and to a lesser extent Woodhouse, could potentially push for a bench spot in this injury crisis. Finally, Damo Anderson is recovery from surgery but I think is coming back in May and is another classy outside back.

Finally, this weekend, home against the Rebels, I would play:
Beale, Anesi, Kingston, Carter, Turner, Halangahu, Burgess, Mowen, Waugh, Dennis, Timani, Mumm, Kepu, Uluiga, Robinson.
Res: N.Seymour/A.Halangahu, Baxter, Douglas, McCutheon, McKibbon, Barnes, Bennetts

Give TPN a 3-week rest: Rebels, Force and then the bye week. Not only will Dingo, his mother be greatly apprecative - the Tahs need him back to full-strength. Let Barnes play off the bench, at a maximum, if he isn't ready yet - then I would slot Cross into 21 (Beale as back-up 10). Wouldn't mind seeing McKibbon get a proper run as well.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I like your team, but would swap Alcock for cutch. If A hangers isn't in another teams wider playing group (for some reason thought he was affiliated with the brumbies) then I'd suggest he should get a shot - good rugby head

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think Cutch has gone alright so far - his stats are pretty impressive for the games he has played. He's not a world beater like Pocock but I think he has more potential than Alcock.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think Cutch has gone alright so far - his stats are pretty impressive for the games he has played. He's not a world beater like Pocock but I think he has more potential than Alcock.

He's had one reasonable game and two shockers. I think Alcock would be a far better option. But he's not favoured by the powerbrokers.

JimboJoe1006

Chris McKivat (8)
Beale out (knee). Ben Batger and Ben Roberts (?) training with the Tahs this week.
Revised team:
Anesi, Kingston, Cross, Carter, Turner, Halangahu, Burgess, Mowen, Waugh, Dennis, Timani, Mumm, Kepu, Uluiga, Robinson.
Res: N.Seymour/A.Halangahu/B.Roberts, Baxter, Douglas, McCutheon, McKibbon, Barnes*, Bennetts

*Should Barnes not play - I would like to see Ben Seymour given a look-in. Ben has played Manly 1's since his first year out of school, in 2009. Slick hands, good defensively, haven't seen him this year but his boot was abit iffy when Mr. D'Arcy went to Europe last year. I still remember him really taking it to the Curly Bill, back in 2006, while still in Year 10 at Scots.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
May I offer a quick general reflection upon reviewing both the Tahs and Crus post Rnd 10 injury status: could it be so that come the end of the S15, with then only a short period to the RWC, all the SH countries will rue the day they agreed to extend the SuperRugby season by so many games in a RWC year?

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
He's had one reasonable game and two shockers. I think Alcock would be a far better option. But he's not favoured by the powerbrokers.
Yeah i agree with this, cutch has been poor in contact and not that effective at the ruck. Alcock has played "harder" his tackles more dominant, his carries gaining further in contact, in the brief chances he has had. It would seem the time doing his physical training in the states has paid off. I'd day it's time to give him more time and reap that investment

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Beale out (knee). Ben Batger and Ben Roberts (?) training with the Tahs this week.
Revised team:
Anesi, Kingston, Cross, Carter, Turner, Halangahu, Burgess, Mowen, Waugh, Dennis, Timani, Mumm, Kepu, Uluiga, Robinson.
Res: N.Seymour/A.Halangahu/B.Roberts, Baxter, Douglas, McCutheon, McKibbon, Barnes*, Bennetts

*Should Barnes not play - I would like to see Ben Seymour given a look-in. Ben has played Manly 1's since his first year out of school, in 2009. Slick hands, good defensively, haven't seen him this year but his boot was abit iffy when Mr. D'Arcy went to Europe last year. I still remember him really taking it to the Curly Bill, back in 2006, while still in Year 10 at Scots.

That is a seriously degraded Waratahs backline!

Status
Not open for further replies.