• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2023

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Seems to be a shitload of injuries in our ranks at the moment, and those of other SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) AU franchises.

Got to wonder if it is bad luck, poor preparation, amateur management*, or simply that our systems aren't producing bodies capable of standing up to it.

* Thinking Angus Bell here. Foot injury. Back 30 minutes. Foot injury.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Seems to be a shitload of injuries in our ranks at the moment, and those of other SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) AU franchises.

Got to wonder if it is bad luck, poor preparation, amateur management*, or simply that our systems aren't producing bodies capable of standing up to it.

* Thinking Angus Bell here. Foot injury. Back 30 minutes. Foot injury.
Combination of all. Look at the Rugby Championship & EOYT for the Wallabies last year. You can’t tell me they are all coincidence. I go with the flawed treatment and poor S&C idea because players like Bell are elite in any country.

I do believe however we have a number of players not up to standard that are playing Super Rugby. What happens when you use an inappropriate piece of equipment for a job. It breaks.

I hope Harrison is alright in the head after so many set backs. He’s young enough it’s not over for him but I worry it might be at the Tahs at a point. Although he will be a cheap resigning.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Harrison gone for the year.
What a pity!
Screenshot-20230409-234434-Instagram.jpg

I hope the best for the boy

Last edited:

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Well there’s 3 capable 10/15s who don’t have his injury history. Someone else will pay more
That have a combined sub 50 Super Rugby caps. Someone else might pay more but it doesn't mean they shouldn't try. There also might be a feeling from Harrison that he owes the team after a couple of ruined seasons. He also might just love living in Sydney and playing for the tahs. I'm not suggesting to pay overs but I am suggesting to have a go

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Why wouldn't they? Surely the cost to re-sign would be minimal.
Not just dollar cost, there are squad size limits to consider and 4 fly halves is getting a bit unbalanced. In some ways it does make it a bit more likely he'll re-sign reasonably cheaply for a year to stay home and focus on his rehab though. Likely takes overseas offers off the table for the time being too.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Why would anyone else necessarily want to sign an injury plagued playmaker either... He'd probably be a backup anywhere else he signed as well at a professional level. I'm sure he'd rather do that at the Tahs.

Can already see it. Super Rugby title winner with the Brumbies 2025....

Alex Ross (28)
Tahs are hunting Darby Lancaster. Honestly don’t know where we are going to fit all these outside backs??