• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ARU Junior Gold Cup - National Junior Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
QRU will also broadcast this weekends final live on RedsTV as well

Thanks

Will it just start streaming from the main page when it starts TOCC, do you know?

From the last post I understand that the Under 17s final will be between WA and Victoria in Perth starting at 11am local time.

Which teams are in the Under 15 final—and where and at what time?

And will RedsTV show a final if Queensland teams are not involved?

Rebelcane

Frank Row (1)
Thanks

Will it just start streaming from the main page when it starts TOCC, do you know?

From the last post I understand that the Under 17s final will be between WA and Victoria in Perth starting at 11am local time.

VIC V BRISBANE PURPLE. KO 445 @ suncorp stadium

T

TOCC

Thanks

Timings are AEST so broadcast should start at 5:45 AEDT. They have only broadcast the matches at Suncorp Stadium so far, so it might be linked to the infrastructure they have there that isn't available elsewhere. The finals are played in the state of the top team aren't they? So I can't see the QRU streaming a game which is based in another state or featuring other teams.

e5yqu9u7.jpg

Top Cat

Sydney Middleton (9)
Thanks for the results GaffaChino and congratulations to WA and Victoria.

I see the ARU are a little behind in posting the previous results so I wonder if we will have another web page of incomplete results like so many I have found. :rolleyes:

Delphy

Ward Prentice (10)
Match report for the U17 grand final posted at:

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvent...ern-Australia-wins-Junior-Gold-Cup-final.aspx

This was an absolutely fantastic final. 2 really talented and committed teams.

I have attached a few photos below.

Congratulations to the Victorian team, not only for a terrific game but also for the grace and good will with which they took the loss. The last photo shows just how much they wanted this title!

Breaking-Through-Small.JPG
Jooste-Small.JPG
Jooste-tackle-small.JPG
SamYards-small.JPG
InClose-small.JPG
Despair-small.JPG

Dxxx

Frank Row (1)
Match report for the U17 grand final posted at:

http://www.rugbywa.com.au/NewsEvent...ern-Australia-wins-Junior-Gold-Cup-final.aspx

This was an absolutely fantastic final. 2 really talented and committed teams.

I have attached a few photos below.

Congratulations to the Victorian team, not only for a terrific game but also for the grace and good will with which they took the loss. The last photo shows just how much they wanted this title!

View attachment 4592View attachment 4593View attachment 4594View attachment 4595View attachment 4596View attachment 4597
Done us proud WA U17s was amazing victory, thank you VIC team for putting on a great grand finals

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sydney Grammar opens team (about 75% of the likely 1st XV) played the WA U17 side at Cottesloe Rugby Club yesterday afternoon.
Very close to the best setting for a rugby ground I've seen.
After leading 14-nil at half time Grammar succumbed 17-14.
Grammar u16s played WA15s and lost comfortably but courageously.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
repost from the AAGPS thread
The question HJ, do the ARU know what they are trying to achieve?

The ARU Junior Gold Documentation States:
Appendix 1: Junior Gold Cup Aim, Objectives & Guiding Principles
1.1 Aim
To develop a national model of talent development and representative programs and events that evolves the current pathway, aligns programs and organisations and creates quality and attractive Rugby options for talented young players.

1.2 Objectives
- To align and combine talent development and representative programs across the country and stakeholders to create a quality, attractive and sustainable initiative
- To reduce the large financial costs and time commitments faced by youth players in the current player pathway
- To increase the access of a larger pool of players and coaches to high level national talent development and representative rugby program opportunities
- To recruit and retain rugby players at the U15-17 year age group
- To select players with the attributes and development potential to progress to higher levels of rugby
- To build opportunities and the capacity of coaches, referees and other management

This is what they set out to achieve. Did they achieve that?

Many of the objectives are full of gobbledegook that is not measurable, or subjective in nature.

rams

Stan Wickham (3)
to achieve the objectives the program needs to have the buy in from players & essentially parents, quite a few 14's playing in the 15's & quite a few 16's playing in the 17's. If this was a fair dinkum rep program how many kids are really good enough to make a rep squad playing a year up? This is a new program so hopefully it grows some legs, I think the old nepotism & politics has once again crept in to junior rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hopefully people have sent their constructive feedback in to the JGC coordinators on "opportinities of improvement" in response to the emails being sent out from the Centre.

At worst, the response should be to suggest that the ARU Coordinators read this thread.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I'd be interested to know if they think they met this objective (my bold):

To reduce the large financial costs and time commitments faced by youth players in the current player pathway

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Great photo Delphy, definitely.

Did anyone read the article and notice that it states "inaugural U17 JGC (teams drawn from clubs)"?

No, the teams are not drawn from clubs. Not exactly.
They are from private schools, league, soccer, AFL - and yeah, a few rugby (union) clubs.

Delphy

Ward Prentice (10)
@Delphy, Congratulations on getting one of your photos (credited to G&GR Forum) published on the Schools Rugby Tribune Report on JGC.

@Hugh Jarse thanks for the heads up.

I am still learning to "drive" this camera so any time someone gets some use or some fun out of the results is a real buzz.

Status
Not open for further replies.