• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brisbane City - NRC Team Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

NRC-header2.jpg

NationalRugbyChamps

Stan Wickham (3)
Finally some news for QLD! Was starting to worry it wasn't happening for them. Saving themselves a lot of doubling up too. Thinking they will be better off financially than some of the others. Now for some promotion and marketing...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Well done QRU. It's good to finally have some news on the comp. With the short turn around in applications I'm guessing we'll have more news in the not to distant future. A draw would be great too.

Like DB I'm a fan of the jerseys. They are simple but work, much better than the East Coast Aces rubbish.

Thebank2014

Allen Oxlade (6)
Does anyone know where the two NRC teams will be based. Where will the country side be based? I am assuming city will be based out of ballymore

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Both teams will be based at Ballymore. The talk is that the country team will play out of regional centres. Gold Coast, Toowomba, Rocky and Townsville/Cairns would be the locations I would guess.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Apparently some people already have it.

I hadn't heard that. I know there's a ton of stuff to organise in a short period of time, but if its out there it would be good to have it up on a website somewhere. I assume the ARU site (rugby.com.au) will be the central hub for all matters NRC much the way it is for S15.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I know the Rays have their home game dates and opposition. It on here somewhere but I can't recall where I saw it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
My intention is not to start the trash talking (that is just a happy bonus) but seriously, the Stars? I'm not a big fan of Brisbane City as a name but it's infinitely better than the Stars. :eek:

Twinkle twinkle little stars, how I wonder what you are......

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Hey @RugbyReg will one of the clever IT types be making it possible to put an NRC emblem in each members posts to show allegiance to their particular NRC Team much like the Wallabies/Reds logos etc? Just a thought.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So looking at players for the team it will be interesting to see how they split them. A few Sunnybank players who I think will get a look in from the City selectors will be Sam Rochester, Henry Tafu and Peter Lee. Sean O'Çonnor has been doing really well as 9 so he might be a chance too. i think the rest of the Sunnybank team would be considered Country.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Any idea when they'll be telling the players which team they're playing for? When will we find out?

Be good to start seeing some team sheets

Status
Not open for further replies.