• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12 2018 NSFW Waratahs vs Auckland Blues. 36 and 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Agreed Gnostic.

My phrase I’ve started to use is kiwi teams play within a framework, we play within a structure.

Frameworks are flexible and allow for decisions to be made within certain perimeters, structures are rigid and choreographed.

I keep it simple - we just play shit....

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'll give one positive from the game - the crowd looks much better on TV when playing at a smaller ground. Much better than at an enormous stadium where it looks like there's barely anyone there.

Hey what a great idea - as we shrink our way to greatness lets just every year as fans desert Super Rugby we just find smaller ovals to play at - so RA can keep playing the smoke and mirrors game that nothing is wrong as we are filing our stadiums. Now where can I find good venues in Sydney that seat 5,000 spectators for next season...hmmm

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hey what a great idea - as we shrink our way to greatness lets just every year as fans desert Super Rugby we just find smaller ovals to play at - so RA can keep playing the smoke and mirrors game that nothing is wrong as we are filing our stadiums. Now where can I find good venues in Sydney that seat 5,000 spectators for next season.hmmm

hqdefault.jpg

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No chance

As far as I’m aware if a defender does something illegal in the act of scoring you act as if he was never there, he has forgone his place on the field for that play by doing foul play. I don’t know where Jacos interpretation came from and what would actually qualify as a penalty try using his logic

The logic is that had the tackle occurred say a metre further infield, then it would be unlikely that a legitimate tackle would have put him into touch and then a penalty try would have ensued. Not sure if that logic is consistent with the laws, but it is logic nevertheless.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Unpopular opinion time - Folau the ultimate one trick pony. People will remember his aerial skills from this game, which are world's best. But for a bloke who has played pro rugby for 6+ years he cannot pass a ball for shit. He is not even at amateur level with passing and the first Blues try is directly attributable to this absolute failure to develop a fundamental skill. I tewll you what Israel, you what a bit fat contract learn to pass or F&^%$ off.

Taquele - we all know you can run with the ball, but there is another phase of play called defence - learn to do it.
Forwards all - if the Blues do not let go off the tackled player Hooper needs to bring this up with Peyper. If he doesn't address the situation use the slipper. If he penalises a Waratah for that tell him outright it will continue unless he gets them off the tackled player, and say it loud enough to be heard on the mic for the referee review.

The skill levels of the Australian sides are just F^%$%ing abysmal. Just woeful. Don't forget this is the worst NZ side by a very long way.

Releasing the tackled player has been confined to history by the referees this year.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hey what a great idea - as we shrink our way to greatness lets just every year as fans desert Super Rugby we just find smaller ovals to play at - so RA can keep playing the smoke and mirrors game that nothing is wrong as we are filing our stadiums. Now where can I find good venues in Sydney that seat 5,000 spectators for next season.hmmm
I have been wondering why they are playing there. Is that really the reason, to make it a full house?

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
The logic is that had the tackle occurred say a metre further infield, then it would be unlikely that a legitimate tackle would have put him into touch and then a penalty try would have ensued. Not sure if that logic is consistent with the laws, but it is logic nevertheless.

Ok different scenario same logic - attacking team makes a break, no one within cooee of the attacking player, fullback sweeps across and cuts him down 1m from the line and dives straight off his feet to pilfer the ball. Penalty is blown but no penalty try is given because if the defender hadn’t gone off his feet he would’ve pilfered the ball legally.........doesn’t really seem right does it

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
North Sydney Oval is fun

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh yeah? Who is that going to be? King Country 2nd XV?

Fully support Twiggy Ball but reality will set in when they play the Crusaders B team. Lets face it competition with other countries like Japan, Fiji, HK would be more competitive and dare I say it more appealing as sides like Fiji and Japan play good attacking brand of rugby. NZ are just too far ahead at this point to be anything but frustrating to watch oz sides play against them.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Fully support Twiggy Ball but reality will set in when they play the Crusaders B team. Lets face it competition with other countries like Japan, Fiji, HK would be more competitive and dare I say it more appealing as sides like Fiji and Japan play good attacking brand of rugby. NZ are just too far ahead at this point to be anything but frustrating to watch oz sides play against them.

Yes. In the last 15 years NZ rugby has invested in a total, all-in, all levels, rugby system's playing skills, S&C and coaching development program, bottom to top.

In Australian rugby over the same period we have invested in and wilfully indulged a tiny elite clique of executives and players and did nothing else of value, and I mean nothing else.

And we seem surprised at which investment strategy and MO has paid off handsomely and which has created a near-unstoppable death spiral.

The only thing that's new in 2018 is that the huge superiority of one strategy over another has become exponentially more obvious.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
THEY'RE ALL BORN IN AUCKLAND. EVERY RUGBY TEAM IN AUSTRALASIA HAS AT LEAST 5 PLAYERS BORN IN AUCKLAND. GODDAMNIT.

It's easy to see why though, if you take a ball down to the park at Mission Bay on a Sunday afternoon and start throwing it around you'll soon have a full blown 15 on 15 game better than any Australian Super Rugby Derby.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yes. In the last 15 years NZ rugby has invested in a total, all-in, all levels, rugby system's playing skills, S&C and coaching development program, bottom to top.

In Australian rugby over the same period we have invested in and wilfully indulged a tiny elite clique of executives and players and did nothing else of value, and I mean nothing else.

And we seem surprised at which investment strategy and MO has paid off handsomely and which has created a near-unstoppable death spiral.

The only thing that's new in 2018 is that the huge superiority of one strategy over another has become exponentially more obvious.
The Darkness are the Wehrmacht of the Rugby world.

Status
Not open for further replies.