• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
tahs need him. If force fold, and coleman goes to rebels, means our best locks are spread out a bit which is good for aus rugby.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Therefore, if controlling the message isn't important, why not let the guy tell his own story?

I'm really struggling to see how the organisation announcing it rather than Simmo is a problem at all. We see countless times where CEO/CFO's who's contracts aren't renewed, it's announced by the company and the individual if leaving on good terms will address it.

This is seriously mountain out of mole hill stuff you guys are digging up.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^^^
Might be for you but what about Simmons, a bloke who has given very loyal service since school.

It's not about whether he was cut or not but the shit way it was done.

Not so great for the already tattered cultural issues at Ballymore (IMO)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Again, I think you lot are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Simmons is a quiet bloke at the best of times, perhaps during the final meeting he requested that the QRU make the statement as he just wanted to get on with things.

It's a bit presumptuous to think that every guy wants to be in the spotlight AND wants to let the world know they've been fired. Honestly, after being through that process once before, I just wanted to find a dark room and not come out.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^^
You have obviously misinterpreted my posts.

I have never said Simmo wanted to be in the spotlight - far from it.

It was the Reds that thrust him into the bright lights and under the bus.

It could have been handled so much better but "it" just confirms to me that the Reds hierarchy (administratively) continue to be in meltdown and bad options still being taken. A little thought, respect for the player would have alleviated unnecessary pain and probably further denting of the culture

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I found the announcement in relation to Simmons a bit odd but maybe he did not want to front a press conference.

He may not feel comfortable in front of the press or may be too emtional

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Did the blokes who were having trouble receiving membership packs mid-season ever actually get them?

I foolishly signed my kid up for a Baby Red membership on the day he was born and still waiting the pack to arrive over 2 months later despite it allegedly being put on a "rush fulfilment" status with the distributor 3 weeks ago.

Doesn't sound like much of a rush to me. Almost makes me think Distributor either can't supply or has cut off supply to QRU.

9 weeks to essentially send out a card and stuffed Koala is a bit much. I also ordered him a baby Broncos membership and it arrived about 6-7 weeks ago......

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Did the blokes who were having trouble receiving membership packs mid-season ever actually get them?

I foolishly signed my kid up for a Baby Red membership on the day he was born and still waiting the pack to arrive over 2 months later despite it allegedly being put on a "rush fulfilment" status with the distributor 3 weeks ago.

Doesn't sound like much of a rush to me. Almost makes me think Distributor either can't supply or has cut off supply to QRU.

9 weeks to essentially send out a card and stuffed Koala is a bit much. I also ordered him a baby Broncos membership and it arrived about 6-7 weeks ago..

still waiting, they took my money the day before first game, now they dont answer membership phone line

bkr

Frank Row (1)
I've heard Frisby has been told he is no longer wanted, anyone else heard this? If its true, thank goodness!

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I've heard Frisby has been told he is no longer wanted, anyone else heard this? If its true, thank goodness!

Terrible call if true. Two seasons ago I wasn't even worried Genia left. Fribsy was electric in the NRC that year and was pretty solid last year in Super Rugby.

Being knocked down a couple of pegs wont do him any harm. Hope he comes out firing for the Reds/Brisbane City after the break.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
It's always a bit surprising to me how a footballer playing well one year goes missing the next.

His skills, playing ability etc haven't changed.

Only thing that probably has changed is attitude

T

TOCC

There were a couple of occasions this year Frisby appeared to just give up, he wasn't there in support or didn't scramble to get back after a linebreak. He isn't the only one in the team who has displayed similar traits though, a few players aren't working to help each other.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Form is a thing. Only the greatest players can remain consistently close to their best over a long period of time.

Most players in any sport will go through peaks and troughs of form over their careers and sometimes they will be for extended periods of time.

In my situations they will not be doing anything different in terms of their preparation and won't be able to explain why it is happening.

Certainly in Frisby's situation there appears to be an attitude issue which has been highlighted by Stiles.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
At school the great Phil Jauncey spoke to us and said form is bullcrap. Which I agree with from a scientific point of view. But confidence is hard to create...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Difference between an average player and a great player, is that even when out of form a great player will work his ass off, natural ability will only get so far, after that a mental commitment is what's needed to keep you there and take you further..

Just look at James O'Connor, a great talent but lacked the mental commitment, then you have those that work their assess off, work non-stop but just don't have the natural ability to take them further, Tom Carter played above his grade for years purely through mental drive.

Culturally there seems to be something slightly amiss at the Reds, they have the senior players, they have the young guns, it's just not working, I like to think it's just a hangover from the RG era and not a reflection of the current organisation :/

Reactions: dru
Status
Not open for further replies.