• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Train
I heard the same thing that Blackadder wanted more dosh than the Reds were prepared to pay. Plus there were some negatives with the bloke.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Train
I heard the same thing that Blackadder wanted more dosh than the Reds were prepared to pay. Plus there were some negatives with the bloke.
Oh ffs. What exactly are these negatives that none of the guys at ballymore have?

A win percentage that's just too damn high maybe?

Sure lets just go with guys that we have no fucking clue will go ok at the next (two or three) levels up instead.

I'm done with this topic - you wont change my mind - I think it's a very risky path and it smacks of the same insular attitude that the QRU are renowned for.

You guys can stay with your logic of "let's not pick a guy with a remarkable win percentage because he has never coached a crap team into a championship super rugby team - instead let's pick some other guys who have no experience at this level at all and also have never coached a crap team into a super rugby championship team"

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Oh ffs. What exactly are these negatives that none of the guys at ballymore have?

A win percentage that's just too damn high maybe?

Sure lets just go with guys that we have no fucking clue will go ok at the next (two or three) levels up instead.

I'm done with this topic - you wont change my mind - I think it's a very risky path and it smacks of the same insular attitude that the QRU are renowned for.

You guys can stay with your logic of "let's not pick a guy with a remarkable win percentage because he has never coached a crap team into a championship super rugby team - instead let's pick some other guys who have no experience at this level at all and also have never coached a crap team into a super rugby championship team"

Well, Blackadder's win ratio is good - no question.

But I reckon mine would be pretty good with the QLD State of Origin team, or in fact the Crusaders. Player strength just has a wee bit to do with it:)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

But I reckon mine would be pretty good with the QLD State of Origin team, or in fact the Crusaders. Player strength just has a wee bit to do with it:)
I bet you wouldn't, and neither would I.

That doesn't even warrant further discussion.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Didn't seem to work for Richard Graham who inherited almost the same roster of Red's players who were previously a finals contending team...

Plus you'd think Blackadder would pick up a few things regarding a winning culture, whereas Stiles is going to have to take huge risks cos he's never been part of a winning environment at the highest level before.... unless you count NRC - I don't.

Reactions: gel

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Was OVER exaggerating the point.

An "average" coach with a team of champions / and/or a champion teamoften looks a bit better than he really may be.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Was OVER exaggerating the point.

An "average" coach with a team of champions / and/or a champion teamoften looks a bit better than he really may be.

Not sure, give the saders to Graham and I am sure he could drive them well into mediocrity

Blackadder's teams at least attempt to play decent rugby

Reactions: gel

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Do we have a KPI Moore needs to meet about clocking fellow Aussies come ruck time? From memory, he owes us at least two freebies against a Brumbies player!
I thought Moore was biased to punching blokes wearing red jersey's. I may stand corrected but all the best biffs I've seen him lay down were against us, wales, the lions anyone wearing read really. Can't remember him really punching many other non red teams.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So redstragic, do we put the warning out to the Lions or to his team mates. Hey the Reds could be like Soviet Russia in WW2 with Moore tonking his team mates if they don't go forward/cross the gainline. I'd pay to see that.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Magnay has impressed me from what I've seen. Looks a real good prospect and, importantly looks like he really works hard off the ball. It'll be interesting how he figures in team selection next year.

You must have missed his appalling brain explosions in the U-20's. The guy clearly has massive problems keeping his temper/play/composure under control.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
You must have missed his appalling brain explosions in the U-20's. The guy clearly has massive problems keeping his temper/play/composure under control.
Needs to keep his dirty twat habits in check. Plenty of extremely talented Rugby Players have learned to keep themselves on the "a prick, but on the right side/barely on the wrong side of the laws". Locks mostly spring to mind, but I'm sure there's room for bastard centers.

T

TOCC

Yep pretty average performance from him at the U20's but he also played very well in the Super Rugby U20's tournament and shown promising signs when called up for the Reds, enough to show those penalties at the JWC aren't the norm, a full NRC will serve him well.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
No - I didn't miss them. He has some works ons, like every 20 year old player has. I'm not sure it is fair on that limit sample to say he has 'massive problems' but if he does than that will certainly hold him back.

I'm not suggesting he be picked for the Wallabies - I said I would be interested in how he figures in Reds team selections next year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't think it's fair to say he has 'massive' problems. He's 19 FFS. The Reds used to have a young 21 yo lock that actually had massive problems keeping his temper/aggro under control. He turned out to be a Wallaby captain.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
No news on the Quade front???

For someone who's "ink was almost dry" a week ago to no word at all for a few days makes me nervous....

dru

Tim Horan (67)
No news on the Quade front???

For someone who's "ink was almost dry" a week ago to no word at all for a few days makes me nervous..

Unfortunately, right now there would seem to be little reason for Quade to sign until after the tests.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
The Reds used to have a young 21 yo lock that actually had massive problems keeping his temper/aggro under control. He turned out to be a Wallaby captain.

You'd have to think this helped keep the agro in control ;)

1414270465384_wps_14_James_Horwill_of_Australi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.