• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
No worries Sam. I'm as astounded as anyone else at what happened at Beres Ellwood on Saturday. The Blacks play 26 players after forfeiting 2nd grade? Why wouldn't the punters be scratching their heads and asking questions? I would be p----- off if I was a CSU 2nds player.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
If Griffith took 26 players to Wagga last saturday then 2 Grades should have been played - ask Albury how many players they took to Leeton earlier in the year and how many Reddies took to Griffith in their first match of the year. Players have backed up in other Grades for years and years .
All Clubs have been placed on notice Today via an Email Re; The Finals that if you play and are not Registered properly with your Club or you are not eligible to play in that Grade your team will get Disqualified from all the Finals.
I reckon Griffith 2nd Grade will be looked at closely on both counts because of what has happened in the last couple of Weeks
Now I read that Curgenven has a face to face with the Zone President tomorrow night to sort out his Eligibility ??

Brian_Brumbies

Frank Row (1)
Armstrong v Curgenven eligibility issues

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Dave Armstrong not play Rugby League last season? Wheres the point of Difference?
Plenty of Clubs have played players who play both League and Union in this competition in the present and the past...
Seems like Wagga City are being unfairly discriminated against as they make an effort to improve the Playing standards and refereeing standards in the region. They give feedback after video analysis of referee decisions which seems to consistently fall on deaf ears both in SIRRA and SIRU.

I see teams like Tumut are following suit of City and have started recording their games, will they also be unfairly discriminated against by the SIRU board?
Will Waratahs continue to be a protected species in this region?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)

Correct me if I'm wrong but did Dave Armstrong not play Rugby League last season? Wheres the point of Difference?
Plenty of Clubs have played players who play both League and Union in this competition in the present and the past.
Seems like Wagga City are being unfairly discriminated against as they make an effort to improve the Playing standards and refereeing standards in the region. They give feedback after video analysis of referee decisions which seems to consistently fall on deaf ears both in SIRRA and SIRU.

I see teams like Tumut are following suit of City and have started recording their games, will they also be unfairly discriminated against by the SIRU board?

City discriminated against...
The inner Geoff Toovey on show here.
"there's got to be an investigation"
Break out the tin foil helmets.

Also i believe you are wrong. Dave Armstrong was cleared on the basis he was injured for a period of the season.

James Curgenven was paid to play another code. that is the reason he didnt record the required number of games.

For the record I think James will be ruled eligible to play. Don't know which way i feel is right, however there have been multiple players cleared for similar reasons so precedent should stand.

James Lewis

Bob McCowan (2)

Plenty of Clubs have played players who play both League and Union in this competition in the present and the past.

Talk about conspiracy theories!

It is not that complicated. James did not play enough games and the reason "being payed to play Rugby League" does not qualify as an exemption.

I am glad the rules were applied in this case, otherwise they may as well have been thrown out.

If City spend less time looking for excuses based referees and administrators, and more time focusing on their game, the finals are there to win.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Dave Armstrong played League last year- ? - BB you seem to have all the facts so please tell us who he played for
Wagga City providing feedback to both SIRU & SIRRA ? - once again please explain in what capacity
Waratahs a protected species in the region ? - please give examples
Seems to me that City have had a chip (sorry Log) on their shoulder for most of the season
We all thought (myself included) that this was going to be the year of the Boiled Lollies this season but it doesn't look like happening and I think I can see why after your post

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Happy, I have watched Sam Donelan and Linden Gunn referee outstandingly in a couple of the games I've watched this season. The guy we had in the Leeton/Griffith 2nd round debacle was just so good. But we have a long history of suspicion relating to referees, administration and Waratahs. To deny this fact is a denial of reality. I'm not saying it is true I'm just stating the fact regarding the suspicion.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
PB if you keep looking for Shadows you will find them
Take your MIA Glasses off for a second and just realise that this is a typical City v Waratahs spat that has been going on for years and years and years
I actully love the rivalry but be very careful of people who make statements and Can't back them up - Facts are always much better than fiction

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
As predicted JC will be playing this weekend...

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4828603/curgenven-cleared-for-finals/?cs=149

Not sure why we have eligibility criteria given how easy they are to get around, usually a club can sight injury or as Albury did a couple of years ago with a South African prop - say someone has just arrived in town to get an exemption.

I still can't see how this one got past - it seems anyone is right to play. Steve Tracey to come back to Tahs for the finals????

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Anyway, people's predictions for the GF? I don't know enough about other grades to offer anything useful.

First Grade - Leeton over Aggies by less than 7.

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
There's a way to go yet mate!

Yeh, I'm always one for skipping the entree and mains, and tucking straight into the cheesecake.

There are some implied and suggested results in my prediction:

Aggies to beat Tumut
City to beat Waratahs

Aggies to beat Waratahs
Leeton to beat City

Aggies to beat City

Leeton to beat Aggies.....

Money in the bank!!!

James Lewis

Bob McCowan (2)
As predicted JC will be playing this weekend.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/4828603/curgenven-cleared-for-finals/?cs=149

Not sure why we have eligibility criteria given how easy they are to get around, usually a club can sight injury or as Albury did a couple of years ago with a South African prop - say someone has just arrived in town to get an exemption.

I still can't see how this one got past - it seems anyone is right to play. Steve Tracey to come back to Tahs for the finals????

I agree - this situation has just shown that the eligibility system is a joke. You might as well throw away the rule book and open it up to all comers. That's pretty much what we have now anyway!

Anyway, City will have to put there heads together to find new excuses to whine about now if they fall short.

For the record, Leeton in Leeton will end up 30 points ahead of all opposition in the finals.

Reddies girls to pip Leeton by one try in the Women's Grand Final.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Given Leeton's perceived superiority over everyone else Saturday's game between City and Tahs seems to be game the rank and file punter is most looking forward to. The off-field Armstrong/Curgenven saga adding spice to the on-field drama. The heart says City but...

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeh, I'm always one for skipping the entree and mains, and tucking straight into the cheesecake.

There are some implied and suggested results in my prediction:

Aggies to beat Tumut
City to beat Waratahs

Aggies to beat Waratahs
Leeton to beat City

Aggies to beat City

Leeton to beat Aggies...

Money in the bank!!!

I reckon the Finals will take the conservative path this year
Just saw the City team on the SIRU Website and don't think they can beat Waratahs now - No Stanton at 5/8 means no City for me unfortunately on Saturday

Leeton to play Waratahs in the G/F at leeton with Waratahs having to defeat Aggies in the Preliminary Final - I reckon City might go out in straight sets this year after they did so well last year

Grand Final to Leeton by 25+ over Waratahs

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2017 Finals Round One Preview:
This is the time of year when things start to get serious in the SIRU Competition, you only have to look at the past few pages of this forum to see that there are plenty of punters out there who are interested in the 2017 Final Series, they’re all coming out of the woodwork at the pointy end of the season.

The weatherman is tipping a dreary day of cloud with a chance of rain for Saturday and I don’t envy Reddies and Aggies being the first team to run onto the pitch as it will be pretty fresh early Saturday morning. The conditions shouldn’t put too much of a dampener on what is always a great day on the local rugby calendar, a deadest smorgasbord of rugby on display with something for everyone. A few local rivalries out there, a touch of controversy, an opportunity for redemption but ultimately winners will be grinners and that’s what the aim of the day is all about.

If you’re anywhere near Wagga or the Riverina, get on down to Conolly Park and watch SIRU’s finest run around this weekend, give the steak sangas a burl and enjoy a frothy or two on the hill!

Waratahs v Wagga City – 1st Grade Qualifying Final
3:20pm Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – B Reynolds

A fitting final and I’m confident that SIRU will be pretty happy with two Wagga clubs playing in this game, particularly two clubs that have a bit of history and Grand Finalists from 2016 to boot!

Waratahs finished off the season by rolling into 2nd place pretty comfortably, they’re 3 wins clear of City and a significantly greater For and Against in their favour, but as City showed last year, in-season form counts for nought during the finals series and if there’s a club that’s keen to get up over Waratahs, it’s City. Interestingly, while Waratahs have almost 150 points greater points differential, there is only 60 points difference in the Against column towards Waratahs which indicates to me that there is not much difference in each team’s defensive capabilities and if you take out games against a high scoring opposition, they’re probably even closer in this marker (City may even best Waratahs in defence? I can’t be stuffed running the numbers on that though…).

Wagga City appear to be the more settled team at this stage of the season and look like they are putting their best foot forward with a team that is really gelling well at this stage of the season. Let’s put the eligibility issues aside at the moment, there’s no doubt that City are pretty happy with what James Curgenven is producing and he really gives them some strong options in the fullback position. Likewise, Waratahs must be pretty happy to have Dave Armstrong running around, but from what I’ve heard, he’s a little less effective than he has been in years gone by – maybe a symptom of no pre-season?

City have a very strong set-piece and really enjoy using this to their advantage in terms of scrum and lineout. Any penalties within 60m of your try-line will generally result in a maul played off the lineout from about 5-15m out. From here, City really have a lot of options, the ability to generate strong forward momentum from the maul, a backline that is brimming with pace and eager to score – these assets are putting teams in two minds at the moment. Do they defend the maul and sacrifice defensive matchups or do they mark up through the backline and give away ground to the driving maul?

In comparison to City, Waratahs appear to be a little unsettled. My scouts keep telling me that Waratahs look like they have a bit to work on and recent stats could lend some weight to that argument. Waratahs allegedly took only 6 1st Graders to Griffith recently and while I can understand that game probably presented a good opportunity to work on some combinations etc, that’s a worrying sign at this stage of the season. Tahs seem to be slow starters at the moment also and this could be an issue for them if City manage to get out of the blocks early. Griffith led them at half time and Albury were also well within striking distance of the men in blue last weekend, will they fire during the finals series?

I think discipline is going to be important for these teams in preparing for this match. How each club approaches the day knowing they have a second chance is going to be interesting, as will their ability to get past the local derby tag and vocal crowd support for this game. This match is a big game for both clubs and they know each other well so there is likely to be plenty of feeling on the pitch which will make for a great hitout between these two traditional rivals!

Key Matchups:
Keifer Power vs Tim Corcoran in the centres, James Curgenven vs Dan Selmes at fullback and Dave Armstrong vs Monson Tuvale at #8, both tight five matchups will be important also.

Tumut v Ag College – 1st Grade Elimination Final
1:40pm Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – S Donelan

Back to the Future for this one, will this be a replay of last week? What have these teams learnt over the past 7 days?

After a horror start from each team last week with at least 10 scrums inside 5mins, Aggies got off to a quick pace and managed to maintain that during the full 80mins. You could see Aggies grow in confidence as time went on during the game and Tumut seemed to get frustrated with their inability to get front foot ball. Aggies played to the fringes and moved the bigger Tumut pack from side to side and ultimately ran them off their feet. Coach Grivas said earlier this week that the Bulls need to play smarter and while there’s some truth in that, remember that the Bulls were also missing a few players who will return this week and will likely have a significant impact on the game.

While Tumut do need to regroup and assess what went wrong last week, they’ll be comfortable that they have the ability to adapt to what Aggies are bringing to the table. The Bull’s strengths have traditionally been that big rolling forward pack and they’ve been able to add some strong ball runners into that mix with Joe Ioane providing a genuine threat close to the line. He wasn’t able to get much ball down the right end of the field last week and if he can get the pill 10-15m out, he’ll be hard to stop.

The outright enthusiasm that Aggies displayed last week was pretty impressive and they’ve been playing “sudden death” rugby for a few weeks now so should be able to approach this game pretty confidently. From what I have seen though, they’re going to be facing an opposition who know what to expect from them now, who probably got caught by surprise a bit at Jarrah Park and should be smarter for that loss. Will Aggies enthusiasm be their downfall? Is there weakness in the break-neck speed they try and play? Should they change this style now that they’re in the finals? Was last week a fluke where everything just clicked? Can they do it again?

I’ll be surprised if both Reynolds brothers aren’t starting this weekend for the Bulls. While one was in the naughty chair, the other was skolling schnapps on the slopes and I think the running options that these two provide will make life a bit more difficult for Aggies this week. Tumut will also be sweating on the fitness of Jo Glamuzina who looked like he was running on 2 cylinders last weekend, maybe they can look to the pace of Brad Gorman to cover here?

It’s difficult to ignore the For and Against of both teams here, Tumut are in the Black by 116 points while Aggies are in the Red to the tune of -193 points having leaked almost 200 more points than the Bulls. There’s no doubt that Uni holidays have had an impact here and that Aggies have done well in recent weeks to bag the wins required to make the Top 5 and I’m not really sure what to make of those stats, but they’re hard to ignore.

Key Matchups:
Joe Ioane vs Duncan Woods in the front row, Harrison Friswell vs Cam Duffy at 5/8 (their decision making in this game is going to be crucial in my view) and Dan Dowson vs Ben Brooke in the backrow.

Waratahs v Leeton – 2nd Grade Qualifying Final
12:10pm Kickoff. Referee – M Harris
The Phantoms have their work cut out for themselves in this one, a quick look at the ladder will show that Waratahs have only lost two games this season to sit in 2nd position whereas Leeton are 50/50 with 7 wins and 7 losses in 3rd place.

Griffith v Tumut – 2nd Grade Elimination Final
11:35am Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – S Frost
Well, there’s been a lot of feeling out there in the local rugby community about this game hasn’t there. How will Griffith fair in this game? Will it be the whitewash that has been predicted or will the Bulls put an end to the Blacks season? Definitely the most anticipated match outside of first grade here.

Hay v Wagga City – 3rd Grade Elimination Final
11:05am Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – A Gunn
An early start for the Cutters but I’m sure they’ll be keen enough to get up early for this one. Hay have been a dominant force in the McMullen Cup for a while now and City will be need to dig deep in this game.

Waratahs v Tumut – 3rd Grade Elimination Final
10:30am Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – T Pietsch
I know the focus on eligibility has been at the higher ranks this year, but one punter told me recently that a certain club has used 60 players this year in this grade. Talk about selection headaches!

CSU v Ag College – 3rd Grade Elimination Final
10:00am Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – J Martel
Should be a good start to the day with the young whipper snappers from Ag College keen to pants their older rivals at Reddies. I hope they can handle the wet conditions early, the boys will need to warm up well for this game!

Griffith v Waratahs – Women’s Elimination Final
11:35am Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – W Strong
This match should showcase the up and coming talent through the local school systems in the Riverina. There are a number of girls who have taken up the 7’s format who will be out to show what they’re made of in this game.

CSU v Wagga City – Women’s Qualifying Final
2:20pm Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – M Wilkinson

An easy pick for MOTR for the Women’s, these two clubs have been pretty well matched in recent seasons with Reddies arguably stepping ahead a little. If you’re into 7’s, have a gander at this match as these teams don’t mind throwing the ball around and are happy to attack from all areas of the field.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
#SIRU2017 Finals Round One Preview:
This is the time of year when things start to get serious in the SIRU Competition, you only have to look at the past few pages of this forum to see that there are plenty of punters out there who are interested in the 2017 Final Series, they’re all coming out of the woodwork at the pointy end of the season.

The weatherman is tipping a dreary day of cloud with a chance of rain for Saturday and I don’t envy Reddies and Aggies being the first team to run onto the pitch as it will be pretty fresh early Saturday morning. The conditions shouldn’t put too much of a dampener on what is always a great day on the local rugby calendar, a deadest smorgasbord of rugby on display with something for everyone. A few local rivalries out there, a touch of controversy, an opportunity for redemption but ultimately winners will be grinners and that’s what the aim of the day is all about.

If you’re anywhere near Wagga or the Riverina, get on down to Conolly Park and watch SIRU’s finest run around this weekend, give the steak sangas a burl and enjoy a frothy or two on the hill!

Waratahs v Wagga City – 1st Grade Qualifying Final
3:20pm Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – B Reynolds

A fitting final and I’m confident that SIRU will be pretty happy with two Wagga clubs playing in this game, particularly two clubs that have a bit of history and Grand Finalists from 2016 to boot!

Waratahs finished off the season by rolling into 2nd place pretty comfortably, they’re 3 wins clear of City and a significantly greater For and Against in their favour, but as City showed last year, in-season form counts for nought during the finals series and if there’s a club that’s keen to get up over Waratahs, it’s City. Interestingly, while Waratahs have almost 150 points greater points differential, there is only 60 points difference in the Against column towards Waratahs which indicates to me that there is not much difference in each team’s defensive capabilities and if you take out games against a high scoring opposition, they’re probably even closer in this marker (City may even best Waratahs in defence? I can’t be stuffed running the numbers on that though…).

Wagga City appear to be the more settled team at this stage of the season and look like they are putting their best foot forward with a team that is really gelling well at this stage of the season. Let’s put the eligibility issues aside at the moment, there’s no doubt that City are pretty happy with what James Curgenven is producing and he really gives them some strong options in the fullback position. Likewise, Waratahs must be pretty happy to have Dave Armstrong running around, but from what I’ve heard, he’s a little less effective than he has been in years gone by – maybe a symptom of no pre-season?

City have a very strong set-piece and really enjoy using this to their advantage in terms of scrum and lineout. Any penalties within 60m of your try-line will generally result in a maul played off the lineout from about 5-15m out. From here, City really have a lot of options, the ability to generate strong forward momentum from the maul, a backline that is brimming with pace and eager to score – these assets are putting teams in two minds at the moment. Do they defend the maul and sacrifice defensive matchups or do they mark up through the backline and give away ground to the driving maul?

In comparison to City, Waratahs appear to be a little unsettled. My scouts keep telling me that Waratahs look like they have a bit to work on and recent stats could lend some weight to that argument. Waratahs allegedly took only 6 1st Graders to Griffith recently and while I can understand that game probably presented a good opportunity to work on some combinations etc, that’s a worrying sign at this stage of the season. Tahs seem to be slow starters at the moment also and this could be an issue for them if City manage to get out of the blocks early. Griffith led them at half time and Albury were also well within striking distance of the men in blue last weekend, will they fire during the finals series?

I think discipline is going to be important for these teams in preparing for this match. How each club approaches the day knowing they have a second chance is going to be interesting, as will their ability to get past the local derby tag and vocal crowd support for this game. This match is a big game for both clubs and they know each other well so there is likely to be plenty of feeling on the pitch which will make for a great hitout between these two traditional rivals!

Key Matchups:
Keifer Power vs Tim Corcoran in the centres, James Curgenven vs Dan Selmes at fullback and Dave Armstrong vs Monson Tuvale at #8, both tight five matchups will be important also.

Tumut v Ag College – 1st Grade Elimination Final
1:40pm Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – S Donelan

Back to the Future for this one, will this be a replay of last week? What have these teams learnt over the past 7 days?

After a horror start from each team last week with at least 10 scrums inside 5mins, Aggies got off to a quick pace and managed to maintain that during the full 80mins. You could see Aggies grow in confidence as time went on during the game and Tumut seemed to get frustrated with their inability to get front foot ball. Aggies played to the fringes and moved the bigger Tumut pack from side to side and ultimately ran them off their feet. Coach Grivas said earlier this week that the Bulls need to play smarter and while there’s some truth in that, remember that the Bulls were also missing a few players who will return this week and will likely have a significant impact on the game.

While Tumut do need to regroup and assess what went wrong last week, they’ll be comfortable that they have the ability to adapt to what Aggies are bringing to the table. The Bull’s strengths have traditionally been that big rolling forward pack and they’ve been able to add some strong ball runners into that mix with Joe Ioane providing a genuine threat close to the line. He wasn’t able to get much ball down the right end of the field last week and if he can get the pill 10-15m out, he’ll be hard to stop.

The outright enthusiasm that Aggies displayed last week was pretty impressive and they’ve been playing “sudden death” rugby for a few weeks now so should be able to approach this game pretty confidently. From what I have seen though, they’re going to be facing an opposition who know what to expect from them now, who probably got caught by surprise a bit at Jarrah Park and should be smarter for that loss. Will Aggies enthusiasm be their downfall? Is there weakness in the break-neck speed they try and play? Should they change this style now that they’re in the finals? Was last week a fluke where everything just clicked? Can they do it again?

I’ll be surprised if both Reynolds brothers aren’t starting this weekend for the Bulls. While one was in the naughty chair, the other was skolling schnapps on the slopes and I think the running options that these two provide will make life a bit more difficult for Aggies this week. Tumut will also be sweating on the fitness of Jo Glamuzina who looked like he was running on 2 cylinders last weekend, maybe they can look to the pace of Brad Gorman to cover here?

It’s difficult to ignore the For and Against of both teams here, Tumut are in the Black by 116 points while Aggies are in the Red to the tune of -193 points having leaked almost 200 more points than the Bulls. There’s no doubt that Uni holidays have had an impact here and that Aggies have done well in recent weeks to bag the wins required to make the Top 5 and I’m not really sure what to make of those stats, but they’re hard to ignore.

Key Matchups:
Joe Ioane vs Duncan Woods in the front row, Harrison Friswell vs Cam Duffy at 5/8 (their decision making in this game is going to be crucial in my view) and Dan Dowson vs Ben Brooke in the backrow.

Waratahs v Leeton – 2nd Grade Qualifying Final
12:10pm Kickoff. Referee – M Harris
The Phantoms have their work cut out for themselves in this one, a quick look at the ladder will show that Waratahs have only lost two games this season to sit in 2nd position whereas Leeton are 50/50 with 7 wins and 7 losses in 3rd place.

Griffith v Tumut – 2nd Grade Elimination Final
11:35am Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – S Frost
Well, there’s been a lot of feeling out there in the local rugby community about this game hasn’t there. How will Griffith fair in this game? Will it be the whitewash that has been predicted or will the Bulls put an end to the Blacks season? Definitely the most anticipated match outside of first grade here.

Hay v Wagga City – 3rd Grade Elimination Final
11:05am Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – A Gunn
An early start for the Cutters but I’m sure they’ll be keen enough to get up early for this one. Hay have been a dominant force in the McMullen Cup for a while now and City will be need to dig deep in this game.

Waratahs v Tumut – 3rd Grade Elimination Final
10:30am Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – T Pietsch
I know the focus on eligibility has been at the higher ranks this year, but one punter told me recently that a certain club has used 60 players this year in this grade. Talk about selection headaches!

CSU v Ag College – 3rd Grade Elimination Final
10:00am Kickoff @ CRP #1. Referee – J Martel
Should be a good start to the day with the young whipper snappers from Ag College keen to pants their older rivals at Reddies. I hope they can handle the wet conditions early, the boys will need to warm up well for this game!

Griffith v Waratahs – Women’s Elimination Final
11:35am Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – W Strong
This match should showcase the up and coming talent through the local school systems in the Riverina. There are a number of girls who have taken up the 7’s format who will be out to show what they’re made of in this game.

CSU v Wagga City – Women’s Qualifying Final
2:20pm Kickoff @ CRP #2. Referee – M Wilkinson

An easy pick for MOTR for the Women’s, these two clubs have been pretty well matched in recent seasons with Reddies arguably stepping ahead a little. If you’re into 7’s, have a gander at this match as these teams don’t mind throwing the ball around and are happy to attack from all areas of the field.

Great write up as usual YMS.

The two 1st grade games should both be rippers.

I feel that Tahs will get the chocolates against a City side without Jayden Stanton steering the ship. What a battle between the 2 scrum back 5's. Mullaney, Wallace, Hosegood, Bunny and Armstrong vs Neilsen, Sykes, Maloney, Sheard and Tuivali. Two very strong young scrumhalves driving these groups around will be worth the admission alone.
I just cant see the same from the City backline without Stanton. Will need lots of quality input from Power and Curgenven to cover this.

How to look at the elimination. Aggies with a good/great win to get there. Against a rolling boulder of a forward pack smarting at the loss of both the match and the finals double shot last week. 2 young 10's making the play. Can the Aggies stop tumuts forwards and limit the impact of Glamuzina? Can Tumut slow down the Aggies and not give Pennington the opportunity to kick them out of the game? For the Aggies to win this one the bench impact from Wiltshire, Van Diggelen, Lim, Monk and Woods(Max) will need to be immense. With these boys fresh as apposed to the Bulls 2nd graders backing up after playing Griffiths 1sts you could lean towards the Aggies.

On a side note i really hope Tumut beat the Griffith 1sts in the 2nd grade elimination final.

Go well all.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
I have seen a couple of recent Emails from SIRU - If Griffith 2nds/ 1sts or Group 20 don't have everything in order with Regos & Eligibility they will get kicked out of the Finals
Word is that Tumut have already asked SIRU to check all Griffith Players eligibility to play Tomorrow

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I can understand the conflict regarding the forfeited Griffith games. However it is difficult to understand your mention of Group 20 Francis. Curgenven plays half a season of Group 9 mungo - doesn't qualify for the rah rah finals - but then again he does. How many of James' former Blues team mates from this year will be lining up with the Bulls. That's ridiculous to question the Black's players eligibility. On what grounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.