• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm going to guess he misses the first 2 months of super rugby each year.

Be interesting to see how Rio fits in, if at all.

I think it depends on the team's finals success, but Potgeiter and Burger don't seem to miss much S15 doing the same cycle

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Should have been Quade.

I think Cooper would be a high priority signing for the ARU but I doubt they'd be looking at back to back seasons with him due to his injury issues. Realistically you'd hope that isn't what he's looking at either.

I have doubts whether it will work with Foley for anymore than a single season. The back to back to back seasons are not sustainable.

Part of this comes back to the Super Rugby franchises who are coming up with these sort of options and taking them to the ARU to try and retain their players, particularly those who are keen to get some taste of the money on offer overseas.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Those guys have a break over the international windows though don't they?

(Actually isn't burger back with SA now?)

Not if the country they're playing club rugby in plays through those windows.

Potgieter would certainly get a break during the June tests (in a non-RWC year) and the Rugby Championship prior to the Japanese season starting.

I'm pretty sure he'd be playing in Japan when the EOYT is on though.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Not if the country they're playing club rugby in plays through those windows.

Potgieter would certainly get a break during the June tests (in a non-RWC year) and the Rugby Championship prior to the Japanese season starting.

I'm pretty sure he'd be playing in Japan when the EOYT is on though.
I think the Japanese comp has a pretty big break in Oct and November

Edit. Quick bit of research. Last season the Top League didn't have any games between 19 October and 28 November

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
An interesting postscript to the Cheika/Peyper incident from a few weeks ago is that Cheika was apparently told by one of the other match officials that Peyper wanted to talk to him during the half time break.

According to Waratahs sources, what hasn't been revealed is that Cheika was advised by another official to see referee Jaco Peyper during the break. Cheika also won't be happy to find out that two prominent Australian Rugby Union figures were pushing for a special board meeting to chastise him, but that was stopped following the intervention of an ARU director.

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2015/rugby/story/261839.html

Of course, as this is Greg Growden most people will assume it can't possibly be true.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Betham has just put Naiyarovoro back on the bench. I was disappointed that Holloway didn't get a run but boy did Potgeiter show his worth when he came on? The man has very little regard for his own or others safety...

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
^^^Betham has to start this week after that performance.

I wasn't overly impressed with his chase on Bogan Barrett. He had ample field to catch him but poor sprinting technique had him never looking like getting there. A winger should always catch a 10 who only has a couple of metres start.

His first try was OK but his second was just a standard intercept and he did not run round close to the posts - a schoolboy error often seen in Super Rugby.

I would have liked to see more. Hard marker maybe, but I thought both Naiyaravoro last week and Betham this week had major negatives to balance the big positives.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I really like the new Tahs Charity jersey:

The Wallabies jersey should be Canterbury, the jersey should be the yellow with the CCC logo in white colour and the sleeves in green :D

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are the Waratahs paying him?

It seems useful to have some Japanese players involved in Super Rugby franchises to be better prepared for when a team from Japan joins the Super Circus next year.

T

TOCC

NSWRU posted a profit of $191k for 2014
Mick Mathers was appointed the new President

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.