• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think no impact all of last year except for one game is a huge exaggeration.

There's no doubt he missed the tackle on Cottrell that cost us a try.

The Waratahs had 18 turnovers, I think singling out the one Dennis made achieves little.
Yeah it was vs the Chiefs he had a stormer. He is a really good captain dnt get me wrong the point I'm making is should u carry him because of this? Whilst you see my comments as a huge exaggeration some may see yours "Hes the heart and soul of the team" as the same. Remember they won a super rugby final without him.

Happy to put it on ice, but not able to accept that im not being objective. Be a pretty ordinary forum if we all just blew smoke up the players arses

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think he had more impact last year than Hoiles. You obviously disagree and part of that might have something to do with the Randwick logo next to your name.

He's the captain of the team, Cheika obviously puts huge value in him and has got him to switch to his third choice position to fill a shortfall in the team.

They did win the final without him but it's a huge leap to suggest that they wouldn't if he'd been playing.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think he had more impact last year than Hoiles. You obviously disagree and part of that might have something to do with the Randwick logo next to your name.

He's the captain of the team, Cheika obviously puts huge value in him and has got him to switch to his third choice position to fill a shortfall in the team.

They did win the final without him but it's a huge leap to suggest that they wouldn't if he'd been playing.
Vastly different style of player to Hoiles, who im not promoting as a replacement this year. Although you would hope he had more impact than Hoiles last year considering the comparable time which they played through the season?

where did I suggest they wouldnt have won the final with him, I just said they did well to if he is the heart and soul of the team.

Inside shoulder has actually answered my original post as I was asking whether his ability to captain the side out weighs the fact that he could easily be not in the best 22 players.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
I thought it was a much improved performance from the tahs on friday. Beale looked much better, Folau stronger when he went back to the line with the ball in hand and ran hard, he loses effect when he jinks around rather then running hard at the line.

Kepu was very good, and skelton was again strong though ran out of puff a bit faster than i expected. Thought Latu tried hard and Dennis was very strong with a serious lack of punch from Palu very noticeable. Phipps was ok, but was definitely outshone by Burgess. On that sort of form, Phipps, White & Genia should all be very worried as Burgess could be a serious game changer for the Wallabies!!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Burgess won't even be a serious game changer for the Rebels.
I'm picking that the Ranga walks back into the side this week,despite how Burgess went.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Seemed like he knew he was under pressure to produce a physically dominating performance, hope he keeps it up.
Same as the last couple of years, when needed he lifts and leads, especially in the back end of games when everyone is blowing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
On Dennis: his first game back from major reconstructive surgery the previous week might reflect the huge mental impact of that injury.
Second week he's got some of his mojo back.
He's a cornerstone of the Tahs and I doubt he was under nearly as much external pressure as he would have put on himself.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
It was a better performance but as mentioned above a hard running folau is far more dangerous. At least he having some runs again and looks confident in doing so.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There goes @Pfitzy's hopes.

In every cloud is a silver lining. Maybe it's the CEO of RUPA that is the new power gig for People's Champion of Rugby.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez that 'nationwide search' led by Kerry Chikarovski didn't take long. Announced in the SMH last Thursday....... she doesn't muck around!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Apparently it was a line ball decision between Harris and Pfitzy but they went with Harris because he has slightly more hair.

Always the worst decision. People with hair are full of themselves, and won't put the Tahs first.

Throw in the fact he's an ex-Unionist and you're about to see player power re-emerge in Tahland.

They're dead to me.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Always the worst decision. People with hair are full of themselves, and won't put the Tahs first.

Throw in the fact he's an ex-Unionist and you're about to see player power re-emerge in Tahland.

They're dead to me.

As I said, it's only slightly more hair.

Greg-Harris.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.