• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Kurtley Beale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You are right that they're not exactly the same also but I'm pretty confident that had Beale tweeted his messaging instead of texting, then I think the outcome would've been the same as for Gallen.

The real point is not what the punishment was/is but rather how much more quickly the NRL process worked.
The NRL is prepared to back its judgment and impose the punishment rather than setting up a tribunal to do its job for it.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't think you'll get many arguing with you as I'm sure just about everyone would've preferred that's how KB (Kurtley Beale)'s incident was dealt with too.

You are right that they're not exactly the same also but I'm pretty confident that had Beale tweeted his messaging instead of texting, then I think the outcome would've been the same as for Gallen.

I hope you're right. All the same, I still think it shouldn't have taken over a month after the initial claim was brought forth for all this to get sorted. As it stands the circus still has some way to go, with the t-shirt argument still to be investigated.

I know it's not exactly the same, but I can't help but think the NRL are just showing the ARU how its done with this one. In fact, the way this whole thing has gone, if Gallen had been a wallaby, you'd half expect the ARU to first launch an extended inquiry into the incident before doing anything.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
B07gvzrCYAAu-Jt.jpg

Wallaby Crossroads - waratahjesus (paper montage, 2014)

I reckon it's brilliant!

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
TahDan said:
Just btw - this is how an obscene message should be handled and how long it should take:

http://www.theroar.com.au/2014/10/2...n-fined-50000-ineligible-kangaroos-selection/

It took the NRL less than a week. Open, shut, now piss off Gallen. Meanwhile, we've managed to get to 162 pages talking about Beale.

I know it's not exactly the same, but they sure as shit didn't dick around.

Gee you have gone off the reservation Tah Dan. They are not comparable. I have no doubt if Beale said that the ARU Board are all c%^ts he would have had his contract torn up on the spot. EDIT: ;)

That is why the players on GGR use anonymous names!!

mjw

Larry Dwyer (12)

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Gee you have gone off the reservation Tah Dan. They are not comparable. I have no doubt if Beale said that the ARU Board are all c%^ts he would have had his contract torn up on the spot.

That is why the players on GGR use anonymous names!!

Are you sure about that? The way things work at the ARU I'd bet there'd be an extended inquiry punctuated by numerous leaks to the papers before anything was done.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The process for Gallen was entirely different though.

The NRL in conjunction with his club, Cronulla have issued him a fine of $50,000 with a 7 day notice period or similar in which he can appeal against it.

If they wanted to sack him, I guarantee the process would not have been straight forward.

If the Beale situation was promptly handled by the ARU by handing out a fine and a suspension then fans would probably be even more upset and consider it a case of sweeping it under the rug.

Let's remember that the ARU essentially lost at the Beale hearing. They wanted his contract terminated.

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
mst:

Are you sure that is the case? If so, the ARU is a total joke getting caught like that.

I use whatsapp to message with one person only and I do know the images go onto my phone, in which case they would be picked up forensically. My images are fit for Sunday School classes incidentally but others may be more interested in a detailed lesson in ensuring nothing on whatsapp soils their phone.

I am not technically brilliant (or comfortable) enough to go and disconnect, take out my SIM or whatever is required to see if I can access my whatsapp log on the phone.

Anyone prepared to be the guinea pig? Or does anyone know how it works?

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The CBA is the problem: as I understand it that is the source of the delay. They need to be able to act quickly and decisively.
They only face the wrongful dismissal case if they stuff up their assessment. If we all agree that the ARU management cannot be trusted to get their judgment correct as to when someone should be shown the door then we should all agree we have the wrong people in the jobs.

Militant union + weak/incompetent administration = where we are now.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
mst:

Are you sure that is the case? If so, the ARU is a total joke getting caught like that.

I use whatsapp to message with one person only and I do know the images go onto my phone, in which case they would be picked up forensically. My images are fit for Sunday School classes incidentally but others may be more interested in a detailed lesson in ensuring nothing on whatsapp soils their phone.

I am not technically brilliant (or comfortable) enough to go and disconnect, take out my SIM or whatever is required to see if I can access my whatsapp log on the phone.

Anyone prepared to be the guinea pig? Or does anyone know how it works?
A few observations on WhatsApp

1. Some deleted messages can be recovered by uninstalling and re-installing the app.
2. It is possible that messages are archived in the iCloud despite being deleted.
3. There are discreet entries for each message in a conversation with time and sender shown.
4. Participants in conversation will be identified by name (if in contacts) or number. It is possible to put someone else's name with a number but just drill into contacts to uncover this.
5. I have iPhone and Nokia Windows - on neither am I able to forward a WhatsApp message (happy to be enlightened if possible).
6. To send an image you must identify contact - I am somewhat gobsmacked that Hanson and Patston can be confused - nowhere near each other in contact list (unless one or both have nicknames that are close together in the alphabet).

drop kick

Frank Nicholson (4)
I didn't state it as fact as I agree not all facts are clear as yet.

However, as I have read it, Beale has denied authoring the second image. That is different from sending it.

In telephone billing records, a slideshow will just register one SMS being sent, not tell you what was in it. I believe more than one image can be sent in whatsapp or MMS as a slide show.

Interestingly, I note that no one has actually talked about Beale's phone being submitted, just account records (telephone and Whatsapp). If this is the case, where is his phone? As she was an ARU employee, I would assume DPs phone is with the ARU.

Perhaps the identity of the writer of the second image had been cropped off it before it was sent?

Ok, now I am more confused. I thought several articles had definitely stated Beale's phone had been forensically examined. I thought several articles had said Pulver was looking for the second phone (Patston's presumably). I guess these articles must have unreliable.

I thought the tribunal had cleared Beale of sending the second image.

If it was so easy to crop the identity of the writer off the second image before it was sent why wasn't the tribunal aware of this and wouldn't they have questioned Beale on this and been less definitive in their statement.

I must be reading between the wrong lines.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
No Gagger. It doesn't. It was specifically not what the Tribunal found. He accidentally sent one image to DP, not two. The tribunal would not be interested in who authored it, just that KB (Kurtley Beale) sent it. He got a $45k fine for sending the one image twice, I assume additional punishment was in store if he sent both images.

Sorry Muglair but I am siding with the man that predicted last night this still had a long way to run, we were told it was about to go thermo freakin nuclear or something. Got a sneaking suspicion he knows more than is letting on. Or maybe he is just a very naughty boy that got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.