• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Peters trialled against Padua last week. From what I heard both sides well understrength. Halfback Sorovi (Qld U16 last year) went well. St Peters looked good from broken play and out wide, Padua made some ground through the forwards. SPLC finished a try or two ahead.
What do you mean by under strenght

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
St Laurences and Padua had a 10-10 draw yesterday afternoon. Both sides had plenty of boys play for the trial. Bit of a penalty fest. Ref liked his whistle

TightyWhitey

Frank Row (1)
cater ozanne! what a joke! he will have nill effect on the Aic competition let alone just for GPS or the qld and aus squads...

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Ashgrove XV Team
1. Joe Cloke
2.Sam McSweeney
3. Ryan Hailing
4. James Lancashire
5.?
6. Nick Furness/Pat Beveridge
7. Sam Clarke
8. ?
9. Jack Penny
10. Mitch Treleaven
11. Jono Spain
12. Henry Devine
13.Josh Tam
14. ?
15. Jacob Manning

That is just from an ashgrove source, do not know how accurate.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Ashgrove XV Team
1. Joe Cloke
2.Sam McSweeney
3. Ryan Hailing
4. James Lancashire
5.?
7. Sam Clarke
8. ?
9. Jack Penny
10. Mitch Treleaven
11. Jono Spain
12. Henry Devine
13.Josh Tam
14. ?
15. Jacob Manning

Was the kid Darwin in the mix? Heard he was a pretty handy flanker?

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
I have heard that Tom O'Toole from year 9 at Padua is a v. good chance at playing in the First XV this year. I saw him play last year in club and thought he was very handy in his age group (u14). Also played in the u15 Met North team last year. Will be a credit to him if he does make it. But it will bring many challenges to him over next 4 seasons.

Harry36d

Stan Wickham (3)
Ashgrove XV Team
1. Joe Cloke
2.Sam McSweeney
3. Ryan Hailing
4. James Lancashire
5.?
7. Sam Clarke
8. ?
9. Jack Penny
10. Mitch Treleaven
11. Jono Spain
12. Henry Devine
13.Josh Tam
14. ?
15. Jacob Manning

Not perfect, but close.

Had a chat to a Ash boy the other day. Said the coaches are playing with positions to build up certain players (might be wishing to replicate the performance of the brother in previous years.)

Meaning that very skilled players are being moved to the 2nd XV. Shaping up to be a dangerously strong team.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Went to watch the ashgrove game today. I am not sure of the score but they certainly dominated Knox Grammar from Sydney. And if I am correct, Knox beat Peters?

Rixy37

Bob McCowan (2)
I went to ashgroves game today vs knox grammer, i'm not sure how they've gone in their other games but there seconds played well and firsts dominated Knox ( i'm not sure on the score).
And from what I have heard Peters have been quite under strength and had injuries, and st pats have been competing in a few games against better schools?

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
I went to ashgroves game today vs knox grammer, i'm not sure how they've gone in their other games but there seconds played well and firsts dominated Knox ( i'm not sure on the score).
And from what I have heard Peters have been quite under strength and had injuries, and st pats have been competing in a few games against better schools?
from what i have heard some of the big names got injured when they played knox... good signs for ashgrove and iona

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Eddies should be contenders this year, Rory Humphreys has repeated....However have lost players like Perese.

The King

Stan Wickham (3)
Would have to disagree there Johnny13, Eddies do have some real talent in Jake Turpin (Signed with storm), Carter Alld and Andrew Tully however seem to be lacking to replace those big names of Perese and Fox. Will be competitive in every game but will miss the power of Fox at the breakdown and the strong running game of Perese.

Status
Not open for further replies.