• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Long Term Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Ideally I would like to see long term:

6. Mowen and Higgers Fighting it out.
7. Pocock
8. A blockbusting, Ball-runner like Palu, Samo. But given they are on the end of their careers it really only leaves Fotu. Not sure he will be able to step-up.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Biggest one for me right now is centres. To'omua and Kuridrani look to be long term 12-13. Get Link to give Larkham a call and ask him to switch To'omua and Lealiifano around this season.
quote]

From the PodCast Bernie has said it will be 10 To'omua 12 Lea.. It's how they structure there game and the rolls the 2 play in the team and wasn't going to change.

T

Train Without a Station

Ideally I would like to see long term:

6. Mowen and Higgers Fighting it out.
7. Pocock
8. A blockbusting, Ball-runner like Palu, Samo. But given they are on the end of their careers it really only leaves Fotu. Not sure he will be able to step-up.

Fotu is 28+ as well so I wouldn't call him a long term option. Furthermore, Fardy has been much better than Mowen, so I think it will be Fardy and Mowen fighting it out for 6 and Higgers at 8.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fotu is 28+ as well so I wouldn't call him a long term option. Furthermore, Fardy has been much better than Mowen, so I think it will be Fardy and Mowen fighting it out for 6 and Higgers at 8.

He'll be 30 by the time next Super Rugby season starts.

Maybe Tala Grey will have a cracking season for the Tahs and put himself in the mix. Hopefully he gets enough game time to give himself that chance.

The Tahs list him as being the same height as Palu and a couple of kg lighter.

He's a skillful player and a strong ball runner. He'll turn 24 at the start of the 2014 Super Rugby season.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)

Maybe Tala Grey will have a cracking season for the Tahs and put himself in the mix. Hopefully he gets enough game time to give himself that chance.

He's a skillful player and a strong ball runner. He'll turn 24 at the start of the 2014 Super Rugby season.

Watch Thread
Page 51 of 88 < Prev 1 49 50 51 52 5388 Next >

1. DPK Peter Sullivan (51)

Tala Grey has been doing some good things for Easts; he has a good combination of a strong tight game and a physical yet dynamic loose game. Could be a good option for the Tahs squad?​
    ".like a lighthouse in the desert - brilliant, but fucking useless.''
    -Description of Will Greenwood by one of the England coaching staff
    DPK, Jun 12, 2011 Report
    #1001 Like Reply

2. latrell247 Chris McKivat (8)

DPK said:
    Tala Grey has been doing some good things for Easts; he has a good combination of a strong tight game and a physical yet dynamic loose game. Could be a good option for the Tahs squad?​
    He used to be with the Brumbies but they let him go due to injuries. A good young backrower​
    latrell247, Jun 15, 2011 Report
    #1002 Like Reply

3. The_Brown_Hornet Tony Shaw (54)

Agreed. Grey has looked very good this year and could find himself at a franchise next year I reckon.​

gee there's some smart people on this forum with good insight..I'll add my vote....

T

Train Without a Station

We're being a little optimistic bringing him up in Wallaby discussions before he's even played for the Tahs aren't we?

I'm no fan of Shatz but surely he warrants more discussion as an option at this stage of his career at least.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
As an Easts fan, I watched him play a fair bit before he went overseas.

Definitely keen to see him play live again after two years playing top 14 Rugby in France.

I think he'll do well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
We're being a little optimistic bringing him up in Wallaby discussions before he's even played for the Tahs aren't we?

I'm no fan of Shatz but surely he warrants more discussion as an option at this stage of his career at least.

I'm definitely being massively optimistic. I think he has the right attributes though and he's a strong ball runner which is what Australian rugby is sorely lacking, particularly from number 8s.

I think Schatz is pretty good but I don't think he is physical enough yet, particularly as a ball runner. Hopefully he continues to develop the physical/aggressive side of his game.

T

Train Without a Station

he's a strong ball runner

I think that's the part to really be proven yet. I have no doubt when Palu would turn out the Marlins he would tear defences apart, yet it's less apparent in sky blue and less so again in gold. Seeing him do it at Super Rugby level is something we can't necessarily bank on.

As a Reds fan I see Shatz's value but absolutely don't rate him as a first choice wallaby aspirant (in case of injuries is a different story), but surely a bloke that cracked it at 20, is still the same age, and was crowned top player for the 2nd best Aus team perhaps has more Wallaby in him that a guy at 24 who has now come back to Aus for a 2nd bite after not cementing a spot first time round.

Not trying to knock the bloke, hopefully you're right because that's exactly what we are missing, just think we are probably looking a couple of years too far ahead.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think that's the part to really be proven yet. I have no doubt when Palu would turn out the Marlins he would tear defences apart, yet it's less apparent in sky blue and less so again in gold. Seeing him do it at Super Rugby level is something we can't necessarily bank on.

I'm referring to his work with Biarritz.

I agree that he now has to do that at Super Rugby level, but I'm hopeful he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.